Alprazolam is the generic ingredient while Xanax is the brand name under which it has popularised. Xanax is used in treating the psychiatric disorder in the USA. Xanax is available in Pill as well as in bars. Although buying Xanax bar is difficult since it is a prescription-only medicine, people buying Xanax bars online.
Xanax bars stems from the class of Benzodiazepine drugs.It decreases the amount of the flow and movements of the chemicals in your brain that causes abnormal excitement that may have become unbalanced. This helps you to reduce nervous tension and anxiety.
Xanax bars increase the natural chemical amount of the neurotransmitters GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) to flow in the brain. This, in turn, promotes calmness, makes you feel relaxed and euphoric.
If Xanax bar is taken as prescribed, it is considered to be a safe medication for anxiety and panic disorders, panic attack.
Here are the Top 8 Things about Xanax that you need to know:-
- Xanax is an FDA-approved medication since 1981 that works the abnormal functions and excitements of your brain by acting on your Central Nervous System (CNS).
Xanax bars should be administered under a doctor’s supervision if you are in the conditions below.
- Consume alcohol
- Pregnant, planning a child, breastfeeding or nursing an infant
- Going to drive a car or going to operate heavy machinery
- Overdose, misuse, abuse
- Done substance abuse in the past or have a history of substance abuse
- Become tolerant to Xanax and need more to get the desired effect
- Can feel the drug dependence
- See a drug-seeking behavior developing in you
- Want to stop administering Xanax
- Your age is below 12 or above 65
- People who should not take Xanax:
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Taking itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral).
- Allergic to Xanax
- Allergic to other benzodiazepines class of drugs. For example, chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), or oxazepam (Serax).
- Xanax Side Effects
Drowsiness, low energy,light-headedness, depression, confusion, fainting, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness, impaired coordination, irritability, memory impairment, abnormal involuntary movement, decreased libido, muscle twitching and cramps, dry mouth or increased saliva, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, chest pain, inflammation of the skin, palpitations, hyperventilation, blurred vision, hypotension, menstrual disorders, tinnitus, upper respiratory infection, sweating, weakness, dream abnormalities, rigidity, tremor, appetite, disorder, weight gain or loss, edema and slurred speech.
- Xanax dosages
- 25mg white, oval, scored, imprinted “XANAX 0.25”
- 5mg peach, oval, scored, imprinted “XANAX 0.5”
- 1mg blue, oval, scored, imprinted “XANAX 1.0”
- 2mg white, oblong, multi-scored, imprinted “XANAX” on one and “2” on the other side.
- Xanax bars 4mg.
- How to take a Xanax –
The extended-release tablet should be swallowed the tablet whole and not to be-crushed, chewed, or broken while administering orally. Xanax bars are meant to release medicine slowly in the body. If the tablet is broken, it will result in too much of Xanax is reaching your bloodstream and faster.
- Xanax bars are not to be shared with your, family, friends or anyone. It may affect them adversely
Related Blog – Difference between Xanax and Ultram