People have many queries about Tramadol 377. Such as, is it habit-forming, or is it narcotic? Does it cause severe side-effects or the mild ones? Is it safe to administer it in the USA? So on and so forth. Well, it is an analgesic. It is a synthetic opioid. It is centrally-acting. And, yes, it is narcotic and hence, habit-forming in the long run.
1. Painkiller Tramadol is an approved prescription-only medication to treat moderate to severe pain in adults.
2. Tramadols are recommended only for pain severe in nature which may require an opioid analgesic and where no other pain killer is tolerated.
3. Tramadols inhibit the reuptake of two neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and serotonin, which presumably adds to its pain relief capability, however the exact mechanism is still not known.
4. Tramadol 377 was originally approved in 1995 by the FDA as a non-controlled substance. However, due to its addictive nature and large scale reported abuse, and criminal diversions, later on, the drug is converted and classified as a controlled substance in schedule IV on the Controlled Substance Act (CSA). Ultram, however, is still safer than the substances included in schedule III and II of CSA.
5. Common Side-effects
nervousness, anxiety, agitation
6. Serious but rare side-effects
break down of the drug in the body for elimination
Neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome
Sedative-CNS depressant drugs
low blood pressure
7. Caution for Children below 12 years
Tramadol’s branded versions like Ultram; ConZip should not be administered by children below 12 years
Life-threatening respiratory depression, fatal repercussions, may result in death.
8. Tramadols are not recommended for children up to 18 years
Avoid the use of Tramadol 377 as much as possible for children between 12 to 18 years without a doctor’s supervision.
9. Risk factors if administered by children below 18 years.
Respiratory depression after surgery
Obstructive sleep apnea
Severe lung disease
Respiratory depression (slowed or stopped breathing)
10. Caution for elderly
Elderly who have the following should not administer this drug
- Lowered liver function
- Lowered kidney function
- Reduced metabolism
Tramadols tablets or Tramadol 377 capsules need to be swallowed as a whole and not chewed, crushed inside the mouth or broken inside the mouth. This will induce an increased metabolism and faster bloodstream concentration of the drug may cause overdose or respiratory depression.
A rapid or an ultra metabolizer should not take this drug.
12. Generic Tramadols Doses Online in USA
50mg regular release tablets
100mg regular release tablets
Extended-release capsules -Tramadols 100mg, 150mg, 200mg, and 300mg
Tramadols extended-release tablets 100mg, 200mg, and 300 mg
Last but not least, you need dose adjustments while treating the elderly, and in those with kidney or liver problems.
What capsules contain is the active substance, the ingredient that makes the tablet work.
The other ingredients are
- Pregelatinized starch
- Microcrystalline cellulose (E460)
- Magnesium stearate
What are the popular brands of Tramadols?
Tramadol in USA market was introduced as a prescription-only drug in 1995 under the brand name Ultram. Janssen is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson started manufacturing the branded Tramadol 377 pill for the first time ever. But now Tramadol is no longer patent-protected, hence, Janssen is no longer an exclusive manufacturer of the drug. More popular brands have come in the market, such as Ultram by Zydus Pharms Inc. and ConZip by Vertical Pharma.
The price of Branded ones varies widely depending upon the brand you select. Cheaper brands like Topdol and Oltram are available online that you may choose from. Generic versions Tramadol 377 are usually cheaper online pharmacies.
Related Blog – How effective is Tramadol against back pain